Home | Terms and Conditions<
Terms and Conditions
EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/19/2019
Cancellation, Refund and Change Policies
- Cancellation Policies Initiated by Guest
- Itinerary Changes Or Cancellation Initiated by HiRides.Com
- In The Event that HiRides Need to Cancel your trip
- Refund Policies
- Transfer Policies
Tour Booking Confirmation Timeline
Travel Documents and Services
Release of Liability
- Guest Questionnaire
- Release of Liability
- Limitation of Liability
- Guest Code
- Lost Belongings
All tours described are provided by HiRides.com and are subject to these terms and conditions.
By booking your tour with paying a deposit, the Guest confirms that are over the age of 18 and have read, understood and accept these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
These Terms and Conditions are valid for all HiRides.com tours, and are subject to change. The most current Terms and Conditions at the time of your departure will apply.
The Guest may choose within two kinds of tour, the “All Inclusive Tours” and the “Bespoke Tours”, the All Inclusive Tours are scheduled tours posted in wwww.hirides.com, the Bespoke Tours price and features depends on the vacation planning made together with the Guest.
Book Through Deposit
- To book the tour the guest must pay 2,000 USD of the tour price as deposit, payable online with debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) at www.HiRides.com.
- The guest can also choose to pay in whole the tour price and automatically qualify for a 5% discount on the tour total price.
- If the booking for the tour is less than 120 days before starting date, we will ask to pay the tour it in full at reservation.
- For the Bespoke Tours the payment of the tour in full is requested at reservation.
- All Additional Services like Door-To-Door Bicycle Shipping Services, must be paid in full at the booking and the refund policies are not applicable to these services.
Confirmation of the Tour
- The tour reservation become a confirmed tour once the balance payment is received.
- The confirmation tour is due within 120 days before the tour starting date.
- The balance for tour cost is payable online with debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) at www.HiRides.com
- Without confirmation payment and without cancellation, 120 days before the tour starting date, the deposit refund will be not available and the reservation will be cancelled.
Prices on www.HiRides.com are displayed in USD per person and include taxes.
There isn’t price adjustment offered for late arrival or early departure and there isn’t different price when the Guest doesn’t use some of services included in the tour.
The Bespoke Tours price is the result of the holiday planning made accordingly to the Guest’s request and is strictly related to the solution agreed.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Payments Policy, please “Contact Us”
Cancellation, Refund and Change Policies
Cancellation Policies Initiated by Guest
The cancellation policies outlined below take into consideration the tour costs incurred long before travelers ever depart.
TTo avoid cancellation and tour change costs, please consider to add some Travel Protection Plan to the trip like that you can find at www.travelexinsurance.com” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>www.travelexinsurance.com.
Itinerary Changes or Cancellation Initiated by HiRides.com
We reserve the right to make date, route, activity, and hotel modifications to any tour. This includes the details of itineraries as they appear on www.hirides.com.
Every effort is made to keep changes to a minimum and every change are made with the same quality level.
We retain the right to cancel, modify, or delay any tour at any time for any reason, in case of cancellation we fully refund the Guest with the amounts received and provide and additional 250 USD to help him with changing any flights he may have already booked.
HiRides.com is not responsible for any personal expenses incurred due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations, such as prepaid hotel accommodations (before or after the tour dates) or airline tickets. We strongly recommend confirming the tour before making any additional travel arrangements.
In The Event That HiRides.com Need to Cancel Your Trip
We reserve the right to cancel or alter the trip at any time prior to the departure date, due to events outside of our control, such as but not limited to: acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, or collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident, together ”Events Outside Of Your Control.”
We also reserve the right to cancel or alter the trip at any time prior to the departure date (at our discretion), although we assure that we will only do this when strictly necessary, and will inform our guest immediately of any such alterations.
In the event of trip cancellation, for any reasons outlined above, the Guest will also be entitled to the following choices:
- a) Book any other available trip
- b) Receive a full refund of what paid
HiRides.com will not be liable for any flight or insurance costs that the Guest has incurred, for this reason is recommend arrange own Travel Protection Plan.
- Up to 15 days after booking (two weeks), the deposit is completely refundable, less 5% as administrative refund fees.
- Up to 120 days before the start of the tour at the cancellation of the booking, the deposit will be refunded less the administrative costs of 20%.
- The Guest must confirm the reservation for the tour paying the balance within 120 days before the tour starting date.
- If the reservation is not canceled and the payment of the balance is not received when it is due within 120 days before the start of the tour, the deposit will be lost and HiRides.com reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Bespoke Tours are not refundable.
- All Additional Services are not refundable.
- The reservation of a tour can be transferred to an other Guest or another tour can be booked (in any case in the same year of original tour).
- • The reservation of a tour can be transferred to an other Guest or another tour can be booked (in any case in the same year of original tour).
- The deposit is fully transferable up to 120 days before the previously booked tour starting date without transfer fee.
- From 119 to 60 days before the departure of original tour, the Guest must pay 20% of new tour price as transfer fee.
- Up to 59 days before the departure of original tour, the transfer of a tour is not allowed.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Cancellation, Refund and Change Policies, please “Contact Us”
Tour Booking Confirmation Timeline
Travel Documents and Services
At the request of Guests, HiRides.com may recommend the services of other companies including hotels, transportation, restaurants, and other services outside the times and scope of our tours.
While we take care to recommend excellent and reliable external travel organizations, we do not guarantee services provided by these companies and we are not liable for issues, or cancellations that may arise.
Each Guest must obtain a passport and any applicable visas for his or her tour prior to departure. If a Guest is unable to obtain travel documents or is prohibited from entering the destination country, our standard cancellation policy will apply. Passports must be valid for at least six months after the tour end.
Every tour provides the basic health insurance to access treatment in Italian local hospitals during the tour days.
This insurance covers the following sanitary support:
- Access to Italian health facilities;
- Transport from the place of the injury to the healthcare facility suitable for the care of the case;
- Until the Guest is released or deemed to be repatriated, for a period not exceeding 30 days the insurance covers the hospital stay, for a maximum daily 300 USD hospitalization cost fee.
This insurance doesn’t cover any surgery and repatriated services
In any case, we advise our Guests to sign for an adequate sanitary insurance that can cover all risks and the return to the home country.
HiRides.com will not be liable for any costs and / or losses arising from the lack of insurance coverage of its Guests.
To make your holiday easier you can avoid to travel with your own bicycle, HiRides.com provide a fleet of high-end bikes that will fit to your performance and expectations.
We will take care of the bike, tune it and take it to the start of the trip. In the “GUEST QUESTIONNAIRE FORM” that we will fill together, you can tell us your habits and preferences, with which we will prepare your bicycle.
You may change your bike choice up to 60 days start tour date without fees. Late bike changes are possible and will be subject to a $350 change fee, but less than 30 days to start tour date, we are not sure to meet your requests.
Joining the tour and configuring your bicycle means that the Guest has the necessary experience to use the bicycle provided, and the guest is required to test the perfect working condition of the bicycle when the tour guide delivers it.
Every evening your bike will be cleaned and serviced to be ready for the next morning ride.
In case of damages to the bike the repair costs will be applied and must be paid before the end of the tour.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Travel Documents and Services, please “Contact Us”
Release Of Liability
After submitting the deposit, the Guest Questionnaire Phase will start. HiRides.com configures the tour according to the Guest indications. The Guest will receive a “GUEST QUESTIONNAIRE FORM” to complete. This form must be filled and signed and returned HiRides.com to better configure the vacation as close as possible to the Guest expectations.
With the detailed answers we will be able to prepare the bicycle, manage dietary restrictions and recognize any special requests or preferences our Guests may have.
Release Of Liability
HIRides.com is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): to physical exertion for which a Guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians, or automobiles; road conditions including but not limited roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions, consumption of alcoholic beverages, civil unrest, terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations or the adequacy of medical attention once provided.
The full terms are outlined to Release Of Liability Form
Guests who fail to provide a signed “Release of Liability Form” 120 days prior to departure will not be permitted to join the tour and standard cancellation policy will apply.
The Guest, by booking the tour:
- Acknowledge that he has received and read all guidance provided by HiRides.com in relation to the tour.
- Accept that any indication provided by HiRides.com regarding the climate, clothing, special equipment, topography, etc., be made in good faith.
- Acknowledge that it is her responsibility to arrange sanitary and travel insurance to cover the tour risks.
- Confirm be aware of the physically strenuous nature of the tours and accept the risks and hazards of tours, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or gravel and any risks that result from adverse weather conditions and the variable condition of roads.
- Confirm be sufficiently fit and healthy to complete the tour and be aware of no medical reason or condition which would prohibit the tour completing.
Limitation Of Liability
HiRides.com is not liable for expenses including meals, transportation, or hotel costs that are not specified as included in the tour offer but may be required to get to or from a tour start or end.
HiRides.com reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to maintain or improve the quality of a tour or to accommodate the comfort and wellbeing of Guests.
By submitting deposit, the Guest agrees to the following rules:
- Follow the instructions of HiRides.com tour guide at all times.
- Ensure have chosen a daily tour / itinerary suited to your abilities, fitness level and state of health. There are two different itinerary every day with different lever of effort, ensure, before booking, that your level of fitness is appropriate to participate.
- Ride bike on the Italian mountains is a serious thing, to certificate your good health we require you a medical certification. In some tours like Tuscany Eroica is required a certificate to be eligible to ride on in this event. We will provide you with the appropriate documentation and medical certificate when you book. We believe this is mostly for your protection and is very good practice to undertake prior to any trip where you will be pushing your physical limits.
- Do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to you or other travelers.
- Have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for traveling.
- Have read all pre-tour materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette.
- Communicate any special requests at least 120 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements, and room preferences.
- Understand that HiRide.com will make every effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be met.
- Respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
- Follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the tour in accordance with the tour guide directions.
- Respect the rights and privacy of fellow Guests, we care about Guest, please don’t take the picture to others Guests unless strictly requested or please don’t post a news or picture to others Guests unless strictly agreed.
- Understand that group travel invariably involves compromise to accommodate the diverse desires, travel and ride goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. HiRides.com tour guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion, and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group.
- Understand that HiRides.com reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow Guests. An individual may be asked to leave a tour if the leader determines that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- Understand a road less traveled means that access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- Understand the weather is out of our control, we provide all information about the weather forecast.
- You will always wear the helmet, gloves (long finger gloves warmly recommended) and glasses when riding, you respect the Italian road code and don’t take unnecessary risk on the road.
- Don’t wear headphones when riding and don’t use the cell phone while riding a bike.
- Consume alcohol responsibly (never during the riding time) and not ride under the alcohol or drugs influence.
- You will be responsible for all and any damages made to a hotel room, to the bike, to the other quests and generally all damages made during the rides. If you do not consent to these regulations, you risk dismissal from the tour and returning home at your expense.
- HiRides.com reserves the right to decline or cancel a reservation should the individual’s health or behavior impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow Guests.
- The non-riding partners are required to respect the rules listed above.
HiRides.com is not responsible for loss of passports, tickets, or other documents, or loss of or damage to luggage, personal property, or other passenger belongings. Given the nature of our tours, you will not always have your luggage with you. Therefore, we urge you to pack carefully and consider leaving valuables at home, or in the hotel safe.
Nothing in these “Terms and Conditions” limits or excludes our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
To the extent your property is lost or damaged due to our negligent acts or omissions, we shall be liable for the cost of repairing or replacing any such property, up to a maximum of 2,500 USD.
Our maximal financial liability for tort (including negligence) or otherwise (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents, consultants, and subcontractors) to you in respect of any foreseeable breach shall be limited to the amount you paid for your trip.
We shall not be liable to you for any:
- Loss of, or damage to, Guest property caused by your own personal act or omission.
- Claim for disappointment.
- Claim for loss of enjoyment.
- Loss incurred as a result of Events Outside of Our Control.
- Loss incurred due to the theft of bicycles (in case of Guest personal bike).
- Loss incurred due to injury during road or off-road rides, unless such injury is caused by negligence of HiRides.com tour guides.
- Loss related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business loss that the Guest may incur as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions.
- Other special, indirect or consequential losses.
Concerns or complaints during the trip, they must be promptly communicated to the tour leader to allow them to be dealt with immediately.
HiRides.com recognizes that some Guests may have severe food allergies. We make every effort to ensure that our suppliers are notified and prepared, but cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated.
Additionally, Guests grant HiRides.com permission to take photographs or film recordings of trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration now or in the future. The Guest agrees to assign all right, title, and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to www.hirides.com.
Guests agree that HiRides.com may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration now or in the future.
Pictures and text within the www.hirides.com is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Release of Liability and Guest Code, please “Contact Us”