Piedmont Alpine Gravel Roads Bike Tour
7 Nights | 6 Rides
Sunday, July 17th– Saturday, July 23rd
Sunday, July 24th– Saturday, July 30th
Sunday, Sept. 11th– Saturday, Sept. 17th
Sunday, Sept. 18h– Saturday, Sept. 24th
Accommodation and Support
- All accommodations are in 4/5 Stars Luxury Hotels or in Historical Mansions. Our hotels are in special locations.
- Occupancy: you can choose to stay in a single bedroom or to share a room with your partner or with another riding guest.
- Partners that don’t ride are welcome and we encourage them to participate in fun and entertaining activities.
- For Non-riding Guests / Partners, we can (upon request) organize some guided and dedicated tours.
- A swimming pool and wellness center with SPA is always available.
- Beauty treatments or massages also available, our tour guides will help you to make the reservations. Personal beauty treatments are not included in the price tour and have to be paid directly to the hotel.
Food and Wine
- Daily breakfast in the hotel, all cyclist-friendly lunches (in mountain huts or prepared by our guides).
- Dinners at our secret and favorite restaurants and trattoria (the most awarded Italian restaurants), where you can taste a special regional menu with selected local wines. (*) Breakfast at the hotel, lunch during the tour made with local products served at rest stops or cabins on the mountain passes.
- Aperitifs in the most beautiful Italian squares.
- Wine, olive oil, and truffle tasting at local producers who cultivate these excellences. Aperitivo, wine, olive oil, truffle tasting, and all activities as outlined in the detailed tour itinerary.
- Dining in the restaurants where the best regional Italian cuisine is served accompanied by a choice of excellent regional Italian wines (*).
- We are food and wine fanatics, we will take you to the best restaurants of Italian regional cuisine, awarded by the Michelin, SloowFood and Gambero Rosso guides. We will also take you to dinner in our secret places.
- For the management of preferences and dietary indications please let us know in the Guest Questionnaire Form. Daily breakfast in the hotel, all cyclist-friendly lunches (in mountain huts or prepared by our guides).
- Dinners at our secret and favorite restaurants and trattoria (the most awarded Italian restaurants), where you can taste a special regional menu with selected local wines. (*)
* All dinners have a dedicate menu where each dish is paired with a selected local wines, if you like to savour some other famous wines, you must pay for them directly to the restaurant.
- Every tour provides Liability Insurance and Basic Health Insurance coverage to access treatment in Italian local hospitals during the tour days. This insurance covers the following medical support:
- Access to Italian health facilities;
- Transport from the place of the injury to the healthcare facility suitable for the care of the case;
- The Insurance covers the hospital stay for a maximum daily 300 USD hospitalization cost fee until the Guest is released or deemed to be repatriated, for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- The insurance doesn’t cover any surgery and repatriation costs. In any case, we advise our Guests to sign for adequate health insurance that covers all risks and the return to the home country. HiRides.com will not be liable for any costs and/or losses arising from the lack of insurance coverage of its Guests.
- Airport pickups and transfers to the chosen destination at the end of the tour.
- All transfers of the guests with Premium Vehicles. Transfer of the bikes with dedicated vehicles.
Additional Services – On-Demand
- Airfare to/from Italy is not included, upon request through our partners, we can offer you a suitable solution.
- Additional flight ticketing, hotel booking, and vacation planning are available, we have a lot of suggestions for you, let us know how we can help.
- Personal transportation when not part of the vacation planned itinerary.
- Personal wellness treatments in the hotels. Reservation and payment have to be arranged with the hotel.
- Truffle tasting, cooking class, and further cultural activities are not included in the tour.
- Extra wines and spirits when not included in the diner menu.
- Travel Insurance
- US Health Insurance, to cover any surgery and repatriation services and costs.
On the Road – Ride Support
- Two different ride itineraries available every day, with different levels of difficulty, to allow a wider range of cyclists to enjoy the ride. You can also mix the rides day by day to adjust your riding experience and maximize enjoyment.
- 2 Guides (fluent in English) with extensive cycling experience and local knowledge, take care of the guests all day long to ensure them great riding and comfortable stay.
- A Van as a tow support vehicle, with a bicycle mechanic, always follows the route of the day, to distribute refreshments, offer lifts, or help you in case of mechanical problems or any other needs. Nutritious energy snacks, hydration to support your endurance and recovery are also always available.
- Daily laundry service for your cycling clothing.
- Daily bike cleaning and tune-up to ensure optimal performance.
Tour Survival Kit (Bike and Gear)
- Survival Kit includes Customized Bike Kits by biciclista.eu
- Additional HiRides.com apparel also available for purchase
- Hirides.com provides, sometime before the tour start date, the complete tour GPX documentation, the guest has in charge of a load of GPX file on your personal navigation system.
To support our guests and allow them to ride the best possible bicycle, we have reserved the following services for them:
Door-2-Door Bike Service •Door2Door bike is the guest’s bike shipping service from the guest’s home to Hirides.com warehouse and back after the vacation ends. •The guest pack your bike, the bike will be picked up by the shipper (3 weeks before the tour start date) and delivered to the warehouse of Hirides.com. The service can be requested up to 40 days before the tour start date. •Hirides.com manages the service and covers up to 450 USD of cost for a round trip.
Bike in Tow Service •The guest may decide to transport the bike in tow on the flight from the US to Italy and back. •Hirides.com reimburses the guest the cost of transporting the bike in tow up to 450 USD of cost for a round trip.
Bike Rental Service •The guest who doesn’t want to pack the personal bike or prefers to fly light, may rent a bike from Hirides.com. •The service can be requested up to 60 days before the tour start date. •Rental service is included in the tour price.
Dream Bike Service •We are able to build YOUR DREAM BIKE, tell us about your wishes, up to 60 days before tour departure, we make them come true, ready at beginning a vacation. •Let’s talk about it so you can choose one of the models of your favorite brand and we can assemble the bicycle with the components and accessories you prefer. •Once the choice is complete we will inform you of the cost of the service.